British nationals are considered non-EU citizens since January 2021 when UK left the European Union. The new rules and regulations referring to the business of companies in UK should be attentively verified before relocation or registration, a matter where our company formation agents in Italy can help. Our specialists can help international investors register companies in Italy and can act on their behalf when dealing with the formalities.
Table of Contents
Are there any new rules after Brexit?
First of all, the visa and residency rules should be verified by British citizens living in Italy, in order to align with the new requirements. In terms of business, there are some labeling changes and trading business-related matters that should be explained prior to relocation to Italy from UK. In matters of taxation, for the moment there are no changes in this direction, meaning that UK companies do not need to pay additional taxes if they develop activities within the EU, including Italy. Comprehensive information is offered by our Italian specialists in company formation.
Steps in company relocation to Italy
The relocation of a British company to Italy starts with the de-registration in the home country. A declaration stating the move, signed by company owners and administrators is one of the important documents that must be prepared in the first place. Here are other significant steps to respect when relocating the UK company to Italy:
- • Besides preparing the relocation declaration, the original Articles of Association of the firm are solicited.
- • The tax de-registration in UK must be made only after all the responsibilities in this matter are concluded.
- • Once the de-registration of the British firm is completed, the next step involves the incorporation of the company in Italy.
- • The limited liability company is the preferred business form in Italy that suits most of the activities in the country.
- • The tax registration is the next step to consider in Italy if the British company has been registered in the country.
Interested in company relocation from UK to Italy? You can ask for the support and assistance of our company formation specialists in Italy. We have experience in company formation and relocation, and we can properly handle the formalities imposed by the authorities.
FAQ about company relocation in Italy from UK after Brexit
1. What is the first company relocation step in Italy from UK?
First, it is required to prepare the documents for relocation to Italy from UK. The declaration of moving the British company to Italy must be signed by owners and administrators of the firm.
2. What is the minimum share capital for an LLC in Italy?
One euro is the minimum share capital for a limited liability company in Italy. This must be deposited in a local bank account that can be opened with the help of our specialists in company formation.
3. When do I register for taxation in Italy?
As soon as the British company is de-registered and then incorporated in Italy, the tax and social contributions registration can commence. Let one of our agents assist you.
4. Is company registration in Italy expensive?
The Trade Register fee, the minimum share capital, accounting, and incorporation fees must be considered for business registration in Italy. Plus, the relocation from UK to Italy of movable assets must be considered.
5. Do I need a specialist for company relocation from UK to Italy?
The relocation process of a British company to Italy requires complete attention and specific assistance and support. This is why you should hire the services of a dedicated team of agents in Italy who can assist and help throughout the entire process.
Making investments in Italy
Italy is home to a large number of foreign companies that already enjoy not only great business conditions but also big profits. Tourism, manufacturing, automotive, food industry, and real estate are prolific sectors that offer great investment opportunities, sustained by many incentives offered by the Italian government. The legislation related to foreign investments is permissive and allows international entrepreneurs to enjoy a wide range of business benefits and have a fast start on the market. Here are some interesting facts and figures about Italy’s economy and business:
- • Nearly USD 445.7 billion was the total FDI stock registered in Italy in 2019.
- • The Netherlands, France, Luxembourg, Germany, and UK represent a few of the largest investors in Italy.
- • More than 12,000 companies in Italy have foreign shares.
- • Most of the FDIs are directed to sectors like manufacturing, retail, and wholesale in Italy.
Personalized financial services, payroll, bookkeeping, audits, annual financial statements, and human resources management are just some of the services that our accountants in Italy can offer. Tax and VAT registration is also a service that you can opt for if you open a company in Italy. You have at hand a team of certified accountants to help you with various procedures, as required by current legislation.
Would you like to relocate the UK company to Italy after Brexit? You can contact our company formation agents in Italy and ask for assistance and support.