The Italian energy market is one of the top five in Europe in terms of electricity ranking, followed by its gas ranking. Electricity demand fluctuates in Italy, especially as a result of the higher temperatures in summer. The energy demand is a relatively high one across all of the business sectors, with low values in the agricultural sector and high values in the industry sector.
Investors who establish a business on electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply in Italy are required to follow the local regulations for company formation.
One of our agents who specialize in company formation in Italy can help investors open a chosen type of business entity as well as obtain the needed permits for functioning.
Table of Contents
Companies in the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning sector
Companies in this business field can be engaged in one or more of the following:
- Electric power generation, transmission, and distribution: the production of energy and its distribution through main/permanent networks;
- Manufacture of gas and distribution through mains: gas manufacturing as well as the distribution of gaseous fuels through main networks;
- Steam and air conditioning supply and distribution: compressed air production and distribution, steam production, collection and distribution, hot water production, chilled water production, etc.
- Renewable energy generation: wind power, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass and other forms of energy.
Companies engaged in the production of energy as well as gas exploitation and distribution need to obtain the relevant permits and licenses from the Italian authorities. Investors who open a company in Italy in one of these business fields can reach out to our agents even before the company is incorporated in order to receive personalized assistance about the licensing process according to their specific activities.
Investors who are willing to invest in the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning sector should start the process of company formation in Italy by choosing a suitable type of company. In this field, the most commonly used business form is the private limited liability company. We detail the key incorporation steps below:
- Choose the company name: this needs to be a unique one and entrepreneurs can prepare three names for registration, in case their first option is not available.
- Prepare the minimum share capital: the Srl or the limited liability company has a minimum share capital of 1 euro;
- Prepare the company documents: the Articles of Association and Memorandum need to be drafted and edited; usually in front of a public notary.
- Registration: the complete documentation is submitted to the Business Register for the actual registration of the company.
- Other registration: subsequent registrations for tax purposes as well as for social security purposes are required.
The requirements for a public limited liability company are very similar, with an important difference that this business form required a higher minimum share capital of 50,000 euros and at least 25% of this capital must be paid when the company founders sign the Articles of Association.
Investors who wish to know more about how to open a company in Italy, or who need information about the incorporation of other business forms, can reach out to one of our agents.
Our team of accountants in Italy can be hired for the company you own in this country. There are multiple benefits, compared to the establishment of such a department, and here we manage the costs. Thus, payroll, bookkeeping, preparation of annual financial statements, and submission with the relevant authorities are some aspects of accounting that we can take care of. Do not hesitate to contact us and learn more about our services.
The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning sector in Italy
According to a statistic for 2014-2016, Italy had the following number of companies in the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply sector:
- – Limited liability companies: 1,576 in 2016, 1,284 in 2015 and 1,147 in 2014;
- – Limited partnerships: 553 in 2016, 554 in 2015 and 531 in 2014;
Over the analyzed period, the total number of companies operating in this specific business sector in Italy grew from approximately 10,459 to 10,775.
According to an EU statistic, Italy is included in the countries with the second higher number of people employed in this business field, in Lombardia. Also according to EU statistics, in 2016 Italy has the fourth largest contribution to the network energy supply network, of 11% (as the measures concentration of value-added and employment in the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply, NACE Section D)
Our agents who specialize in company formation in Italy can give investors full details about the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning business sector. We can provide complete assistance for incorporation and for obtaining the necessary permits and licenses.
Contact us for complete services related to company incorporation in Italy.